2020 King of the Mountains
King of Grit
We’ve seen how hard you’ve been training in isolation, your Zwift miles and pain cave selfies are plastered all over Strava and Instagram!
Of course we would rather have you all enjoying KOM & KOG together but instead we’ve come up with a new challenge to encourage you to get out and put that hard earned fitness to the test and help raise some money for the NHS COVID-19 Appeal.
The challenge is……………
Plan and ride an outdoor route that accumulates our target elevation in the shortest distance possible.
Chose from three events:
KOM Short Challenge (Road Ride) – 1600M
KOM Long Challenge (Road Ride) – 2600M
King of Grit Challenge (Off road; Gravel, CX, MTB ride) – 1600M
- Enter via our online entry page HERE. Entries open until Sunday 30th August.
- Plan and complete your ride between July 20th and Sunday 30th August.
- Out and back routes are allowed however laps or repeats of the same climbs are not allowed. You may take different routes up the same mountain.
- Upload proof of your ride using the results link we send you before midnight Sunday 30th August.
- Twelve prizes up for grabs.
- Four in each event plus goodies for all finishers.
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd shortest ride.
- Best in ride selfie.
- Trucker cap for every finisher.
- Two months free My Menu Coach standard membership for every finisher.
Entry Fee £35
£10 from every entry will be donated to the NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Urgent Appeal.
We’ll be looking to have some really worthwhile prizes, this will depend on entry numbers but be assured a significant chunk of entry fees will go towards the prize pot. We appreciate the costs of delivering this challenge are minimal compared with our usual sportive so we’ll be looking to give back to our worthy winners!
To register your results you’ll be able to upload your ride file or a screen shot of your ride data. Outside rides only permitted for this challenge.
Please keep up to date with and follow current COVID-19 advice on exercise outdoors.
Ride within your ability, carry plenty of spares etc and adhere to cycling rules and laws.
Be sure any off road riding is on permitted paths, by-ways, trails etc. We will disallow any rides that feature unlawful crossing of private land.
Entrants of the original KOM & KOG Sportive’s will have been contacted regarding options for transferring to this event or requesting a refund. Please check your emails or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.